Monday, May 3, 2010

My Favourite Place

Yesterday we went to my all time favourite spot in Denver, the reservoir. I love it, as do the Oompa Loompas. I am so lucky as it is only a 10 minute drive from my house, it is such a beautiful space, the air is crisp, there is a little something for everyone and the public toilets are a joy to use - the cleanest I have ever seen!!!

I love going all year round, perfect in the Summer for picnics and swimming but also pretty wonderful out of season, for a paddle and a stroll.

I love looking at all the amazing boats in the marina....

It's also a great excuse to get those Wellie Boots on, (Thanks Kate, I still have those wonderful spotty boots you bought me many moons ago - LOVE THEM!!!)................

I love watching the joy on my Oompa Loompa's faces, who doesn't love the beach?

It's also a great place for a little bike ride..........

And a paddle is a must............

What ever your age...........

It is a perfect place to get your hands dirty.......

And to see amazing wildlife.............

And most importantly, to run wild and free...........

It's my little piece of heaven and it never disappoints. Yay to the Reservoir!!

2 comments:

  1. Its great. At one of the campsites there is a swathe of grape hyacinths... they always remind me of my gran's garden... x

    ReplyDelete