Thursday, November 10, 2011

The School Craft Fair

I would say that I am a very eager person. Always eagerly coming up with fabulous ideas on what we should do. Parties to host, plays to see, events to go to etc. I get so excited and my tongue seems to overtake my brain. Then in the cold light of the day I wonder what on earth I have got myself into. A case in point is the school craft fair. I have been banging on at the school to do a Christmas craft fair for years. This year they agreed, I am now wondering if I was on drugs when I suggested it!! The fair is next week and I am super busy making things to fill a table of Christmas crafts. Not an easy task with baby Oompa Loompa around and I am not even sure if I am a crafter of sorts. Sure, I can put scrapbook pages together and even make the odd quilt but a Christmas crafter??

Anyways, I am inviting you on my creative journey this week whilst I create Christmas goodies to sell at the fair. I can not take any credit for the ideas, everything I am making I have seen on the web, unfortunately I can't remember where or who, so I do apologize to the creative geniuses who came up with the wonderful ideas, I am just the monkey. Although I will take the credit for blinging the ideas up, everything always seems so much nicer with a bit of bling.

Today I am going to share with you a Christmas Wreath that I am in the process of making. I have never made a wreath before but I blew the dust off my trusty glue gun and gave it a go. Must apologize for the first few photos, taking photos was an afterthought, (as you will be able to tell).

Started gluing down the balls, working in the centre first - slightly tedious at this stage.


I then found it got rather fun, once the base layer was down. It is sort of like a little jigsaw puzzle, finding little balls that fit into the spaces. Warning - try not to get hot glue on your fingers, it really hurts.


Ta-da.....


OK, I still haven't finished. I still have the top left hand side to do but I ran out of big balls and need to get some more. Now, I need to ask you a question. Do you ever make something and decide that you love it too much that you can't give it away? I mean, I think I rather love it and am not that sure if I can really bring myself to sell it at the fair. Mmmm - this is not looking good, I must keep reminding myself that I need to fill a table. What I really love about this wreath is the mixture of new and vintage balls, along with the adorable little santas. Oh - decisions!!

Products used: Foam wreath - Michaels. Plastic balls - dollar store. Vintage balls, santas, plastic flowers - ebay. Merry Christmas sign - Hobby Lobby.

3 comments:

  1. Just remember the second one is always better than the first... you can make yours even better. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gotta try this too thanks for the idea!!!!!

    ReplyDelete