Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Busy, busy, busy.....

I have been super busy getting ready for the launch, (not sure if I will be ready by the 1st but doesn't really matter if I'm a few days late).

I have been ordering bits from.....


and a few bits from...............

and some lovely bits from.............


It is all so exciting and totally coming together. My website is nearly finished, I am really pleased with it. I have been looking for a current photo of me to put on the website and it is really tricky to find one that I am happy with.

Anyhow, I was looking through my old photos and I came across this one from school. It is not a particularly good one but something really struck me about it. I couldn't believe that I was ever that thin, I don't ever remember being that thin. I was thin-ish at my wedding but in all my adult life, I don't think I have ever been close. I know that I was 15 in this photo and generally 15 year olds are thin but it got me thinking. Maybe I could be that thin again, maybe I could really try to lose weight and see what it is like being a thin person with cheek bones.




So I went to the bookshelf, blew the dust off my old copy of the South Beach Diet and got reading. I then wondered how much I weighed in this photo, it must be less that 10st, possibly 9 and a half. 9 and half seems too far to go, so I set my target of 9st 12lb. I have never seen a 9 on the scales since I bought them, not even sure if it has a 9 in there!!


I then did a menu plan for the week from the South Beach cook book. What a great cook book, the dishes are delicious. Three days in and I have lost 5 lbs, still a very, very long way to go but let's see where this journey takes me. Let's see if my cheek bones can be rediscovered and maybe my bingo wings will just fly away. Wish me luck and I will keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. That chap's coat is quite extraordinary. It appears to be a sheep/shark/polarbear-skin made for a giant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK GoldenLovejoy, I have to agree with you although it was the early 90's!!

    ReplyDelete