Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Autumn is coming...

How do I know this, the fact that my children have started to put some clothes on when they go outside. Still not fully clothed but a coat and wellies are a good start!!


I have finally finished a quilt that I have been working on for the past few months/years.  I say years as I actually started it when I only had one child but put it away in order to finish it at a later date.  That date happened to be a few months ago, I was going through some boxes and came across it.  It looked all sad and bitty and was begging to be made into the quilt that it was suppose to be.


The funny thing about quilting is that I always underestimate how long it is going to take me.  I thought that it would just take me a couple of hours to get it done, little did I know that I would be spending hour after hour, evening after evening, weeks rolling into months for my piece to be complete.  The joy about quilting is the feeling of accomplishment when it is all done.  I can stare at a quilt that I have made for hours, in wonder and amazement that I actually made it, that I actually stitched each little stitch, (often by hand).  I love it, I think it is such a wonderful process, each stage begging to be finished so that you can get on to the next.  I definitely have the quilting bug.


I will share some photos of the quilt in the week and let you know what the little tyke, (Monty) thought of it when I gave it to him.  I guess 4 year olds don't really realise how much work you put into a quilt - well that's what I kept telling myself!!!

1 comment: