Friday, October 16, 2009

Halloween Mini-Album

I wanted to share with you this mini album I made with all the Halloween bits out of this months' Main Kit. I didn't actually have an album to hand so I used the flaps from a cardboard box. I was lucky that the flaps measured 6" in length, so I just cut them up into 6" squares.

I then got the Halloween paper from my kit and cut them all in half, and then cut one of the halves into half again. So I was left with 2 x 6" squares and a 12 x 6" strip. The only thing that was not included in the kit was the orange tulle fabric that I used to tie the pages together.

I then glued the 6" squares onto the cardboard.

For my cover page, I cut up a 1" strip from the spare paper and distressed it a bit. I then cut a triangle out of the end, stuck it on my page and then put the mouse tag over it. I then used my orange alphas for a title and finished off putting pop dots on the jack-o-lantern cut out. I managed to slip it under the mouse tag.



I used the same piece of paper for my 1" strip on my next page. I distressed this one too and also cut a triangle out of the end. I then got another 1"strip of the orange paper and placed that at the side. I stuck my photo down, cut a piece of the 'trick or treat' ribbon and stuck that over the edge of the photo. I then cut out one of the stamped witches, pop dotted her down and put the orange tag behind her.

I got the cupcake holder and made a cut through the frilly bit, I then cut round the bottom bit so that I could get the witch and was left with the frilly bit. I put tape on the corner and down the side of the page and stuck the frilly cupcake edge onto it. I then stuck my photo on top of the ruffle. I then cut a 1" strip out of that same spare spotty paper, distressed it and cut a triangle out of one side. I then cut a half " strip off another of the spare paper, stuck that down, stuck the spotty strip over the top. I then cut a random shaped circle out of the spotty paper, pop dotted that down and stuck the witch on top of it. I then put my orange alphas onto the spotty strip.





I cut a 2" piece off the picket fence and stuck it to the bottom of the page. I then cut around my photo, stuck that down and wrote some journaling around the photo.

The next page you can't actually see my crepe paper ruffle but it is there. To begin with I cut the stamped witch image to fit the bottom of the page, stuck it down at the bottom, (I left the top side glue free so that I could slip my photo behind it) and placed the picket fence on top. I then put a piece of tape down the side of the page and placed the black crepe paper in a ruffle over the tape. I then put my orange alphas over the photo on part of the ruffle. I finished it off with the arrow and the pumpkin sticker.



I cut a half " strip out of the star paper and stuck it down the side. I then stuck my photo down, I then got the witch tag and placed it over the photo covering the edge. I wrote a bit of journaling on the tag and put my orange alphas on the top of the page. To finish it, I stuck two of the sequins down and punched a half " circle out of the spotty paper and placed that on top of the sequins.

I started this page by putting a 1" strip at the top of the page. I then cut up my vintage treat bag and slipped my photo into the bag and then stuck this down. Again, you can't really see my ruffle, but I placed a bit of tape on the inside of the bag running a few inches across the page. I then ruffled my crepe paper, stuck it down and placed a quarter " strip in the middle of the ruffle. I finished the page off with another sequin and dotty circle.


I started this page by sticking a 2" strip of the spotty paper. I then stuck my photo down. Next I put the cupcake stick on the corner and cut a small piece of the picket fence and stuck it down over the bottom of the witch. I then got my orange alphas and put some words at the bottom.

For the last page, I cut a 1" strip of the orange paper and placed it at the bottom of the page. I then got the bingo card and placed it at an angle. I stuck my photo on top and just finished it off by placing the orange tab just behind the photo and pop dotted the arrows.





So that is it, my little Halloween album, it was great fun to make and was super quick and easy to boot. I hope it will inspire you to make one of your own!! Have a lovely weekend everyone. I will have the November kit sneak peeks on Monday - yippee.

4 comments: