Monday, December 21, 2009

Another Jammed Packed Weekend

Whoa, what a wonderful weekend we had. It started with the Polar Express, I have read about this fabulous trip and have always wanted to go. Friday night was the night and it really did not disappoint. Warning, this post is rather photo heavy!!

Middle Oompa Loompa waiting for the train:
Boarding the train:

Baby Oompa Loompa finding her seat:
Ahh, brotherly love, a very rare sight:
Little Santa's Helper, too sweet:
Photographic evidence that I was in fact on the trip!!:
What a wonderful Father Christmas, so friendly looking:
Biggest Oompa Loompa telling him exactly what he wants in his stocking:
Middle Oompa Loompa just wanted a hug:
On Saturday I had a few minutes to scrap, I was desperate to try out my new 'Marshmallow Glimmer Mist' - loving glimmer mist!!:
Also on Saturday we got our tree, Prince Charming has been in London for weeks and we have been waiting for him to return before we picked out this beauty. Oompa Loompas helped me decorate it - big mistake!!!:

Sunday morning was time to decorate the gingerbread house. I am never prepared for the immense sugar consumption but it is always great fun:

The finished product, I am rather proud of my boys!!!
Then off to the Nutcracker. This year I thought biggest Oompa Loompa was old enough to sit through and enjoy it. But things don't always go to plan and I had a mutiny on my hands. Biggest OL didn't want to go, not really sure why so onto Plan B, middle OL, he was desperate to go. So off we went, it was magical:
We are so lucky as our very dear friends are in the performance, they are the closest thing we have to family over here and we are so blessed to have them in our lives. My Oompa Loompas love them like older siblings. They are such talented young ladies and it is a real honour for me to watch them dance. This is Sydney, she is sooooooo beautiful and middle OL loves her to bits.

So that was my weekend..........jam packed full of Christmas cheer. I am feeling slightly exhausted though and think I may need a week to recover!!! Have a very happy Monday.

4 comments:

  1. oh how fun! I love the Nutcracker, it is one of my favorite holiday traditions ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, what a weekend you had! Lovely pictures!

    That gingerbread house is so darling! I must admit, I am a bit jealous of the Polar Express, we don't have a thing like it around here:(

    Merry Christmas to you and your family Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember middle oompa loompa as a bb in his onesies on the boat. Now he is in love with a older and much taller women. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All that "Christmas" in one weekend!!! Everything else may be anti-climatic!! You are a lucky girl!!!

    ReplyDelete