Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Boys have Left the Building!!

Yesterday was a really hard day for me, a day I have been dreading for weeks.

I had to say good bye to my boy Oompa Loompas.

It was that time of year again, the time when Prince Charming takes them back to England,

to stay with these two wonderful people, their Grandparents.

The hardest thing about me moving over here was to leave all my in-laws. We all lived about 20 minutes away from each other and I felt blessed to have them in mine and my children's lives. I used to see my sister-in-law most days, we were always popping into each others house for a quick cup of tea. Her children loved the fact that their cousins lived so close and we made the most of this wonderful connection.......................then we moved here and it all stopped.

I don't want my children to grow up not knowing their Grandparents, Aunties/Uncles and cousins. So every year at about this time, the boys go off to spend some time with them. Leaving me at home twiddling my thumbs, wondering why the house is so quiet. That is not entirely true as I do have baby OL with me and she is pretty noisy!!

Anyway, I was so thrilled this morning when I woke up to a lovely email with photos, (unheard of) from Prince Charming.............



How wonderful for them, they are having a ball and got their safely. Now, what should I do today?????? Umm, slightly odd without them. Have a happy Tuesday.

8 comments:

  1. That would be really hard for me to do, let them go... but you are such a good mommy for sharing them with their grandparents and family.

    Cute pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that would be very hard for me also...Diana is right you are a good mommy!! :-D have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Horrid isn't it. Living here is fabulous but it pales into insignificance when compared to family. I miss not being able to 'pop' in for a cuppa... x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine how hard it was to see them go....or to be that far from family. Take solace in the fact that they look very happy and are making wonderful memories because you are so generous in sharing them.
    *hugs*
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, on the other hand, say enjoy the time - you know they are!! It is great for them to REALLY get to know their grandparents! We only live 5 hours from my family and it is tough enough to get enough time with everyone (cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents) to really feel like part of the family. I can't imagine what it is like for you all - only once a year! So sit, back, relax, scrap, whatever! The time will fly by and you'll all be better for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that must be so hard!!!! But what a wonderful thing for them to KNOW their family, and get to spend quality time with them. And hopefully you can really take advantage of your time!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How great for them to go on such a trip! My sister and I used to go to my grandparents, and it was great, (except when she made us pick berries...)

    I would sit down and scrap those photos! Maybe you have some of those wonderful papers from the Dec. CC kit with the airplains...

    They´ll be back before you know it, just enjoy your time with Baby OL!

    Siri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Tara, I missed this post. You poor dear! I cannot imagine the deafening silence. Well, try to make the most of all that one on one time with baby OL.

    ReplyDelete