Sunday, December 19, 2010

Mad Dogs and Englishmen

I do love the ENGLISH. They are currently having the worst Winter in 30 years, the snow has caused absolute havoc. Heathrow Airport has come to a stand still, as has the postal service, they have had to close portions of major Motorways and fresh produce in the Supermarkets are running very low. Yet........here they all are, battling the weather on Oxford Street, London to do their Christmas shopping. The 'Mad Dogs and Englishmen' saying obviously rings true.

Even in my relatively sleepy town of Tunbridge Wells they are braving the cold to get their stocking stuffers.
If I were at home, the last thing I would be doing is shopping. I would be snuggled up in front of the fire, sipping hot chocolate out of my new Emma Bridgewater mug, dunking in my McVities Digestive biscuits watching Coronation Street - HEAVEN!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Those are some hard-core shoppers! I'm with you--I'd be snuggled up in front of a fire INSIDE!

    ReplyDelete