Monday, January 10, 2011

Menu Monday - Wild Mushroom Riostto

One of my New Years Resolutions was to try one new recipe a week out of the zillions of cook books I own. I thought that if I had to blog about them each week, it would help me keep on track. Last week I decided to try a risotto, I have never cooked one before, I have always been put off by the constant stirring. This was an oven baked one so no stirring required.


I got the recipe from Delia Smith's Winter Collection:

It's a cracking cook book, Delia Smith is the 'Queen' of cooking in England. I love her cook books and this one is full of winter comfort food - delicious. The magic ingredient was dried Porcini mushrooms. You soak the mushrooms in a pint of boiling water for 30 minutes and use that with a bit of Madeira as the cooking stock. Fry a big box of mushrooms with some onions and then the soaked Porcini. Put it in a dish with the rice and the stock and then put it in the oven for 30 minutes, making sure to stir it once half way through. Put some shavings of Parmesan cheese on top and VOILA a big bowl of yummy comfort food.

No comments:

Post a Comment